Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Big Story Chapter 4 Mails and SMS


Chapter 4
Mails and SMS
"Ding! Ding!"
"Please stop writing; place your pen on dusk" Mohan sir demanded to the students.
            Thus the first exam for the semester is over now. Anosh was sitting right side of second last bunch in the exam hall. Anosh closed his ball pen and placed inside his pocket. Time was 12:30 .Mohan sir came and collected the answer sheet according to roll number. Anosh collected all his belongings and got out of the class.
“How was that?” Anil asked.
“It was ok. I will definitely make pass mark” Anosh answered
“I got the second answer wrong” Tony said.
“Oh God you got at least one question wrong” Saleen commented to Tony with a smile.
   “That was the end of first exam and it is the time to relax. We got 5 days gap for the other one.” Anil pointed out.
“Are you coming to the bus stop, Anosh?”
“No I have to go to library” Anosh answered
But Anosh had a different plan in mind. He had already noted Anita’s class for the exam. It is in the other block. The same block where library belongs to. Students were discussing about the exams all the way.
On the way to library block Anosh saw her. She was with Ganga and Hasna. Martin was also there.
"Hay Anosh! How was your exam" again the same question. This is the most common question asked after any exam. This time it is asked by Ganga. 
"Not that bad." Anosh answered
"It was an easy exam, right?" Anita asked "Most of the questions are same as the previous year questions."
"Did you get your chain back?" Anosh asked without any change in tune.
"Oh no. I think, it may go through water. I have to search it again today. It was presented to me on my birthday"
"If it was gone through water now we can search it in the river or sea tomorrow." Anita was not happy with that comment from Martin she give a staring look at Martin.
"Is that real gold?" asked Hasna asked.
"It was pure gold of 22 karat." Anita replayed quickly.” I hadn't told to dad. I have to find it before he finds it was missing"
"Come on! We can go to the River and have a search" said by Martin.
. They searched all placeless from college to hostel and in the class rooms.
"Why did you call me yesterday? Anosh" Asked Anita when they were searching through grounds. It was a sunny day. The sky was clear and blue. Two three white clouds are floating in the sky.
"Nothing important, I just want to ask about this.” He was actually waiting for the question and was prepared for the answer.
"I think you will call me back or at least give me miscall."
"Sorry dude, I was really worried about the chain and today's exam"
"Oh tats Ok!” Anosh stopped for a while and continued “You are cool! You are not tensed as much I thought”.
"Actually I am really worried. Not because of the chain had gone but because I had to relive all this in front of my dad"
They searched the chain again for an hour.
"I lost all the hope. You guys carry on" Martin said holding a bunch of green grass "One day your father will know this. All the best"
"Tat was not funny.”  Anita answered with some disgrace. Anosh was also not happy with that comment. Martin walked away.
Rest of them continued searching for half an hour and finally decided to give up.
Anosh didn't get any chance to talk to Anita alone. The poem he wrote was still in his mobile SMS draft and also the tone. But Anita had no idea about that. She may not thought of this in her dreams.
No one in this world has the power of reading others mind. Anosh wished if Anita and he got that power of today.Then everything will be very simple. He can know her answer.
But, what about his guts. So he has to ask her once. “Not Now!" Anosh said it a hundred times to himself. His brain was actually splits into two. One half says to tell it now. Other says not now later. Finally he decided to do later.
"But one day I have to do this. No matter what was her answer" Anosh said in his mind.
"Are you going home today?" Ganga asked before they go to wash their hand.
"Yes, I am leaving home today. Before that I have to go to hostel and collect some Photostat for Network Theory" Network theory was the next exam.
Anosh walked straightly to hostel. Saleen was there in the room. The room was messy like always, there was a stack of Photostat in one corner and a hill of unwashed clothes on the other. Saleen was lying on the bed.  
“Hay, Saleen do you have your lunch?”
“I had that on time” Saleen answered and ask “Did you?”
  “Yap I had it just now. Where is Martin?”
“He is in the common room watching TV. Are you staying?”
“No leaving home.” Anosh start searching the stack of papers in the corner. And collected some photocopies of Network theory text book. He placed it inside his bag along with his dresses. He closed his bag.
”By Saleen, See you in next exam.”
“Ok dude” Saleen replayed carelessly.
Anosh went out of the hostel. He revised his plan on his mind. The poem was there in the mobile draft. “Send the SMS now. But not now she is little depressed now. How will she react if she gets the SMS now? She will react very badly and that will be the end of our friendship. Yes I will send it only after I send the gift then she will be surprised. And I will send it only when I am sure her mood is ok. I may send it after the next exam”. An exam always changes the mood. I don’t know how it works for me it always worked. But one thing, we can’t predict the mood after that, it depends on how was exam    
Anosh suddenly stop walking. He placed his feet on mud. It happens normally if we are walking careless. His mind was busy with other thoughts but he stopped suddenly.
"Ho shit!!" he said unknowingly. Bottom of his pants were already wet with mud water. There was a stream near by. He washed the mud from his pants. Something was shining in water. All glitters are not gold. But this was actually gold. He can’t believe his eyes. At last he discovered it.
"Thank God. You are so great”. He suddenly grabbed the gold. And verified it was Anita’s. Yes it is really Anita's.
He suddenly took his phone and dialed Anita's number and waited. In the other side of phone he hears ringing. He waited. But there was no hello from Anita.
He dialed again this time Anita said "Hello, what Anosh?"
"Did you say it to you dad?"
"I reached home just now. What is the mater?"
"Then you need not tell it you dad?"
"What?"
"I found you chain."
"Oh!!!!!!!!!" a sound of happiness came from other side of the phone.
"Did you have it really?" she asked with disbelief.
“Yes, it is now in my hands.”
“Thank you Anosh, Thank you very much. Where do you find it?”
“In the water stream near to college gate. I think you lost it here it don’t flow that easily, is it?”
“Whatever may be, at last you found it? I owe you one.” She said again
“Are you coming college tomorrow?”  Anosh asked
“It will be difficult for you to come here tomorrow right.”
“No Problem, I will come to the college tomorrow”
“No you just keep it safe with you and give it to me when you come for next exam” Anita denied it.
In his mind he thought a different way it would be wonder full if he gave it just after sending the SMS, which was in his mobile.
“Then Ok!” he agreed to here. They continued their mobile conversation for fifteen minutes. He acts just normal. He said the story of how he found it from water. Anita said the story of how she lost it and what is going to happen if he doesn’t find it. Anita decided to tell her dad that the chain was with her friend if dad discovers it was missing. And they talk about the rain and bad weather conditions. Anosh described to her how he found a rainbow yesterday.
“Ok bye.” Anosh cut the call and place the phone in his pocket. He placed the golden chain safely inside his bag in one of inside pocket. He was the happiest man in the world at the moment.
When he gets down at KSRTC bus stand, he has some other plan in his mind. Recharge! Yes recharge Anita’s mobile, a surprise gift. But she is definitely going to believe that it was donning by mistake. “She will never know this until I tell her. Idea! I will give her a clue. I will do recharge for her twice. That can produce a drought in her mind”. Anosh decided to execute first step of the plan now.
 He walked towards the mobile shop and asked for BSNL recharge of rupees 50.
Shop keeper gives him a recharge coupon worth 50."Isn't there an easy recharge for BSNL mobile?"
"Yes, Then write you mobile number her." shopkeeper show him a notebook which have a list of mobile numbers. Anosh write Anita’s number. It was by heart to him.
"It was not my mobile that’s why."
He waited sill Anita’s mobile been charged. Everything was more than fine for him in this afternoon. He did two things for her that made him feel very happy. He achieved something today.
He reached his home near 7’o clock evening.
“How were you exams?” Again the same question this time asked by Anosh mother.
 “Fine mom!” he answered.
 Today is the day of rest. Parents has no right to ask him go to study .There is five days leave before next exam.
He switches on the computer and placed himself in front of it. He signs in the mail and checked mails. There was an email from Anita. Anosh looked at online fiends list. Anita was not there. He didn’t mind others and opened Anita’s mail.
Thank U, again. Tats was just an escape I had today…
 Dad noticed it is missing. I said it is with Ganga……he asked why?
Ganga had a marriage in this week and he lends it for the week……
Wat abt network theory?
Bye see u at exam.
  
He replayed to the mail
Nice to see ur mail....
NO study for today...dont ask me about next exam just after an exam....
I would have done the same if i were u. Did u mention this to Ganga?
bye..
gd nt..
After sending this he signed out from his account and watched a movie named 'serendipity’. Serendipity is a 2001 romantic comedy, starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale. It is a romantic comedy. Movie says about means fortunate accidents which brings hero and heroine together.
He checked mail after watching the movie. Anita had replayed for his mail! He looked at online friend’s list. No she is not there. He missed here. She came online when he was watching movie.
Ho! Yes I informed it to Ganga.
See u at college
Bye
Good night 
”Ok send the SMS now?” it was the effect of the movie he just sees. “Yes I should ask her before sending the message” Anosh clicked replay button in the email. “It will be a great idea to ask may I propose you. You can know the answer without proposing.” He is thinking some stupid idea. So he deletes everything in the replay box and wrote.
   May I propose with a poem?
But some thing was wrong in that. Anosh did not feel confident about that. So he cleared replay box and write.

There is a surprise for u
I write a poem about u and it is in my mobile sms drafts...
may I send it to u????????

And he clicked send button. And finally he had done something. “What will she replay? Of course, yes or no. Digital answer, one or a zero. If she say no tats it the end of all. Ok, if she sends yes…….. I will send the poem and sees if yes remains the same…And will continue still a No…”But he had to wait. He is not going to get the replay at least today night. “She may be sleeping some were in her home now. What if she never replays the mail? Ok that will be the No. Will she ignore the mail?”  If she ignores it he has to wait a long period of time or wait for ever still he get a response.
Anosh readied the poem again. He replaced the word goddess with angel. She is really an angel.
Next morning.
Like normal days Anosh got up at 9 am. He checked the mail. No she hadn’t replayed.
“What are you doing there in front of computer before you get up from bed?” asked by his mother.
“I already got up mom.”
He checked mail two three times that day. But he didn’t see what he is looking for still night. At last she replayed. Her replay was there in his inbox. He opened. There was the no the first word. He feels it is better if hadn’t opened it.  
NO……No……I know…. it will be to make fun of me….
Don’t do tat………..
It will be something to make me an ass……

“That was actually not a complete rejection, is that? Ok I will not propose her. She thinks I am going to fun for her. Actually I never mean that. So there is no harm in sending the poem at least by deleting last line". The broken hearted finally decided to send his poem by deleting the last line.
He takes his mobile and deleted last line of the poem from his message drafts. But decide not to send now at night.
Next day before lunch he sends the message with last line deletes. Within few minutes he gets the replay. That was the difference between SMS and mail. For SMS we will get a faster response.
U...__ what do u mean by this… .What do u thinks of your self… once sent is sent.. Don’t do that again.
Anosh reads the message twice. “I should not have sent that. “
He replayed with a SMS.
 If tats too boring delete……….never mind...
After sending the message Anosh continued his network theory second module. In the evening he checked the mail. There was a mail from Anita. He opened it. That was a warning, literally
Whatever sends.........................?
Don’t dare to do that again unless u wants to here some bloody words from mee…

            That mail made him little insane he replayed back.
If that was like this watt will u do about other things….other surprises?
Don’t mind, it was a joke, is it?

He clicked send button. Next day he got the replay. Not by mail but by SMS. That was a very fast response.

 Wat was that mail.. I didn’t understand anything from tat..

He readied the message again and again. He now realizes that was a big mistake. “I should not have done that. Now, what to replay?” Anosh selected replay option and wrote.
Sorry for that, if you don’t understand that it is better you don’t. It was a small story. Sorry for tat mail.

            He sent that to Anita. But when he checked the mail next day there was also a mail from Anita.
I dint understand a word of tat mail... What was that?

He gets confused. “What to do next. The things are getting worse and out of my control, what to do…. What to do?” He finally takes a decision to tell everything to Anita. “Tell! No…. No , write yes write the small story” After a long period of thinking, he took a word file and write some thing . He cleared all and re writes it. After two three try he made the small story. Anosh titled it as “The Small Story”.
It was late at night. He click replay button in Anita’s email and wrote.

Hay Anita
            Don’t take it seriously
The Small Story
                        Once Saleen said his tragic love story, Martin his, finally he said I have no guts to propose a girl. So I decided   .On the day when u helps me in my assignments at last moment think I will try.
            For that I decided to give u three surprise and two rules for me, one if u stops respond I will stop other if u say no I will stop…These are I plan for u
The Poem
            It is to write a poem about u .Actually I don’t write it to make fun of u.
The one among Lacks,
Because I haven’t seen a girl like u
Stands still at storms
U sand cool even u at difficult
And So innocent heart ed,
I feel so in ur mail replays. Even if  u behaves like a very brave and friendly one and u r frank
Who smiles at failure,
You are always plecent.

Ho angel  I imprinted On u
I deleted last line as u said “No.”…(Rule two).Little Twilight
 How is it?
The gift
            It was to send u a surprising gift which u cant know until I tell which u cant reject easily or threw it  away .Do u get that that was easy recharge (ha ha ha) .First I charged 50 for ur number and then with 110……..
The thumbi(dragon fly)
             It was a very funny Idea to set a hello tune in my phone .And declares u as the thumbii .To understand that u have to hair my hello tune…
I won’t take u r next call
            Before all this I want u r permission so I ask u “may I snd it”.ur answer was NO
( ha ha)

            Saleen and martin have no idea about this so plz…
Sorry to bother u………… 

But the question still remains .Did I have the guts ?? Did it worth another try? What did u think?
I think now u understand everything
Again don’t take it seriously

Take care, bye
Anosh
That was little lengthy mail. May be the largest mail he ever written by his own. He sent the mail. He had a sleep less night that day. Day after tomorrow he is having the exam.
The mail made things more badly. He gets an SMS next day.
What was tat mail?? U recharged my phone…I told whole world I got recharged by luck…. Why did u do that… u wants to test guts???.. I don’t understand any thing...
He did not replay to it. This time Anosh was sure was Anita had send a replay in mail. He switches on the system.
 “What are you doing in front of computer? What are you going to write on tomorrow’s exam?”
“Mom Please. It is little important. Martin had sent some notes in mail” He answered to his mom.
As expected there was a mail from Anita.

I read ur mail

What was that all about???

  You want to propose some one and u just had a trial or reversal with me?y??
bcoz i was the stupidest among al u tot??

oh i think tats rude........

actually I dint  understand much of dat  mail...........
and y did u recharge to my phone..???

u cud have done all these to that girl itself...y this trial???

Or is this a joke of u guys???



How can I say tat u have d guts r not???

Whatever... I don’t understand.....anything....
The mail was a real shock for Anosh. He readied it a number of times. With all his courage he replayed it in a different way.

Sorry Anita,
wat was that all about???

  u want to propose some one and u jst had a trial or resersal with me?y??

(Not some one but U only)
bcoz i was the stupidest among al u tot??
No ,but The one among Lacks, as i wrote

oh i think dats rude........
ok ok ok,,Sorry Sorry.........
 
actually i dint  understand much of dat  mail...........

but i understand u r very much angry  with me..
and y did u recharge to my phone..???

u cud av done all these to that girl itself...y this trial???

or is this a joke of u guys???
Actually S .Sorry  (but i think u will also take it as a joke please please)


HW can i say tat u have d guts r not???

whatever...i dont understand.....nything....
Sorry for all those now I understand it as a Himalayan mistake in my life..


Sorry to hurt u(but i don’t mean too) 

Sorry to disturb u.
Now won't disturb u...

please forget all these...All was my mistake..
i wont do it again.


All the best for up coming exams

take care bye...........
Anosh

Next day was the day of exam. Anosh check the chain twice before he went to college. The exam was really difficult with lot of electrical problems. He has no idea if he passes or fail. He went directly to Anita’s exam room. “Did she see me?” Anosh see Anita before climbing up the stair. She was there standing near the stair. Anita move suddenly as if she seen someone she don’t want to meet. She disappeared into crowd of discussing students. He stands still there for few minutes and decided to go home.
At home he got a call from an unknown number.     
“Hello.”
“Is that Anosh?” a female asked.
“Yes”
“I am Geetu. I am a first year student. I lost my golden chain in water. Anita said me that you found a chain in steam. We were neighbors. ”
“OK”
“Can you send picture of the chain you got in mail.”
“What?”
“Please… please  ...” There was something wrong with tat please.
“But I don’t have your email ID.”
“Just send it to Anita’s mail.”
“But…..”
“Please.. Please”
“Ok I will send it, but I think it was Anita’s”
“Pleas send it so tat I can check.Thank you.”
She cut the phone. “What was that means?” Things are getting worse. “She may be thinking I lied to her that I got the chain. Or is this really Geetu’s”. One thing he was sure that Anita does not believes in him any more.   
He takes the picture of the chain and send to Anita’s email. After sending the mail he sends an SMS to Anita.
Check the photo in mail ……..
You don’t want to talk to me?
She didn’t replay to the SMS. He checked the mail. There was no replay.
He checked mail three times a day. But there was no replay. But finally he decided to do some thing more foolish than all that.
“Idea!” O My god! Again.
“I will write a small novel. ‘The Big story’ But what happen if someone read that? I will write it in different situation. A really imaginary situation .If some one see it then I should said that it is just a story”
   ******************************************************
I readied his entire story. Hello I am Pramod Sahu .You doesn’t get me. I write this story for Anosh. I had gone through Anosh’s story. I am Anosh’s best friend .I am also his cousin. He shares everything with me. When I readied the story Anosh want me to rewrite it. That is what you just readied. Before reading the last chapter I asked him.
“What do you expect now?”
“Just nothing, you haven’t readied last chapter” Anosh asked to me. We both were at his house.
“No. I just completed second last one.”
I meet him just after all his exam.
“Did you give the chain to Anita?”
“No it is still with me. I will give it when she meets me next.”
“What will Saleen and Martin do if they happen to read this?”
“They will kill me first. Martin has some strong droughts about my hello tune.”
I continued the reading. The last chapter. It was nothing what I expected. I am not going to edit a word from that one. I am adding that here just as what it was like. I am also looking forward whats going to happen next when Anita reads this.


No comments:

Post a Comment